- Revenue + $1,750,000
- Direct costs – $750,000 (42.8%)
- Gross Profit = $1,000,000 (57.2%)
Sales are about 1,400 lbs. per year:
However, one thing that’s very important to remember when doing any estimations is that although your grow light may account for a lot of your electricity bill, fans and pumps and other things in your grow room also take electricity. These other items cost 3/4 as much electricity as the grow light. It will be plus about $23,150.
So, total electricity costs will be about $55,000. Water costs will be no more than $700.
- Cost Electricity – Thus, the direct cost of growing the cannabis will be around $180,700 or $516 a pound (42% of wholesale price). It doesn’t include administrative, marketing, distribution costs and taxes, which varies depending on the location..1478/kWh
- Number Hours: 1,440 light hours:
Vegetative Stage 720 hours: 40 days of 18/6 schedule
Flowering Stage 720 hours: 60 days of 12/12 schedule
- Wattage: We supposed to use 145,000 W system.
Cannabis Cultivation Initial investments:
- Warehouse rent – $50,000
- Build out, improvements – $60,000
- Growing equipment – $150,000
- Lighting system – $120,000
- Alarm & Security System – $45,000
- Licensing & legal fees – $55,000
- Direct costs (first months before profit) – $200,000
- Administrative expenses – $50,000
- Other expenses, incl. salaries – $100,000
Direct expenses include electricity, water, labor and packaging costs.
- Growing solutions, including nutrients – $7,000
- Cloning – $1,500 (excl. labor and electricity)
- Lab testing – $5,250
- Packaging, transport & storage – $3,000
- Grow Light Bulbs – $1,500
- Other Supplies – $1,750
- Direct labor – 7-8 employees, $50,000
- Taxes – about $55,000
The following example demonstartes How much does it cost to grow cannabis indoor if you intend to start a cannabis cultivation business
> TIP: check our cannabis seeds price list for a quick overview of our prices or check our full range of high quality marijuana seeds
In most cases expensive seeds are the best seeds as these feature the best genetics. You can compare it with cars. Luxury cars with a lot of horsepower and gadgets undergo a more expensive production process compared to basic cars for the big crowd. With cannabis seeds, it’s actually no different.
The price of cannabis seeds reacts to the market functioning of supply and demand. When the demand for a strain is high and the supply is low, the price rises. You can see that for example cup winners are often more expensive than strains without prizes. Finally, the popularity of a strain plays an important role. Some species are simply more popular than others.
When doing research you will quickly find out that the prices of cannabis seeds differ from seedbank to seedbank and from strain to strain. On average, a single cannabis seed cost about 3.5 EUR – 8 EUR (4 USD – 9 USD) each but where do these price differences actually come from and which factors determine the price of cannabis seeds?
At Weedseedsexpress we offer a wide range of high quality weed seeds for reasonable prices so if you are looking for affordable weed seeds we highly recommend you to check our assortment.
High-quality genetics have undergone a more intensive development and research process and are therefore more expensive. From this you can conclude that expensive seeds often feature the highest quality.
First of all cannabis seeds have to be bred but before they can be bred they have to be developed which starts with a lot of research and testing. These processes take years and are costly. Once the strain is stable, the seeds have to be produced. A process that is risky.
Prices of cannabis seeds are determined by various factors. Here you can think of:
In many countries, also in the Netherlands where by far the most cannabis seeds are developed, it’s forbidden to grow cannabis plants and there are hefty prison sentences and fines. Yet, to produce cannabis seeds and to meet demand, many plants are needed. Breeders therefore have to take risks.
Prices of cannabis seeds varies considerably. But how much do weed seeds cost? Check it out and buy at Weedseedsexpress to get 20% FREE seeds.