Thank you so much for watching! I hope the video was helpful to you.
Выполните вход, чтобы сообщить о неприемлемом контенте.
Growing citrus trees from seed is very easy. The germination process is fast and it is fun seeing your little citrus tree grow.
You can use any kind of citrus seeds you have: orange, tangerine, lemon, grapefruit etc. In this video I have grapefruit and lemon seeds and I also show you how the germinated tangerine seeds look like.
Hi! I am Adrienn Ecsedi. I enjoy creating, learning and sharing what I have learned.
In the video I show you the whole process of germinating citrus seeds. I use the wet paper towel + plastic container method.
Before germinating the seeds I remove the outer shell from around the seeds. This helps the seeds to germinate faster.
After the seeds have germinated I plant them into normal potting soil that I mix with some perlite. I water them when the soil starts to get dry out.
☆ How to germinate citrus seeds – The process ☆
1. Collect the seeds and wash them well.
2. Put the seeds into luke warm water for a day.
3. Peel off the outer shell (use a cloth or paper towel to remove the remaining fruit flesh from the seed if it is too slippery).
4. Put seeds into clear plastic container, onto wet paper towel and close the container.
5. Keep the seeds warm: put the container into a warm room or on a warm surface.
6. Wait for the seeds to germinate. Once the roots appear plant them into soil.
Growing plants at home is a very relaxing activity. Makes me feel calm and be present in the moment.
I would like to share this peaceful feeling with you and encourage you to grow your own plants as well.
Good luck germinating citrus seeds!
☆ Content of the Video: ☆
0:15 – My citrus trees
1:37 – The process of germinating the seeds
1:58 – Which seeds are better to germinate?
3:50 – Wet paper towel method
6:04 – How to remove the outer shell of the citrus seeds? – Demonstration 1
8:40 – Demonstration 2
11:16 – How the germinated tangerine seeds look like
12:38 – Close up of a citrus seedling
Growing citrus trees from seed is very easy. The germination process is fast and it is fun seeing your little citrus tree grow. You can use any kind of citru…