There are some interesting “stealth” strains that naturally don’t look like typical cannabis plants, which can also help increase the illusion.
Some growers put plants in a greenhouse or other outdoor structure that lets light in but obscures the inside from view.
Hide Plants from View
Always consider stealth when growing cannabis outdoors! Not only is law enforcement a consideration, it’s common for thieves to steal plants right before harvest time!
Far from a Visible Path
Remember, even if a person doesn’t take your plants right away, many experienced thieves who understand the life cycle of cannabis plants will wait until just before harvest before they steal your plants.
Access to Water
Test the Spot for Potential Visitors
This grower actually cuts the tips off all the leaves of their plant in order to make them look less like typical leaves. This is pretty effort-intensive, but there’s no doubt they look less like cannabis plants!
Stealth Ideas for Growing Weed Outdoors Always consider stealth when growing cannabis outdoors! Not only is law enforcement a consideration, it’s common for thieves to steal plants right before
Quiet Electronic Devices – Get devices that work without making noise:
No matter how good you are at growing cannabis, if you get caught and end up in jail, you’ll be in a place where your skills are useless and wasted. Even if growing cannabis is legal where you live, there are still thieves and nosy neighbors you don’t want learning about your garden.
Get Instant Access to It All Right Here: GrowWeedEasy.com/growing-elite-marijuana
If you’ve ever gone to a forum for advice on growing cannabis, you’ll know that there is no shortage of opinions on what you can do to become a better grower.
- DuckDuckGo.com – A free search engine that doesn’t track you or what you search for
- Tor Browser – Browse anonymously!
- Move any growing equipment at night so you’re less likely to be seen. It’s also a really good idea to cover any growing equipment you’re transporting, for example in black trash bags. This way, no one can see exactly what it is you’re moving!
- Be careful about what you throw in your trash. On the rare occasion that I do throw cannabis trash (like stems) in a trash can, I usually cover it in food trash or kitty litter so no one will want to go through it. Also, throwing away your cannabis-related trash on the day trash is picked up means there is minimal time for a snooping person to find your secret garbage.
- Make sure nothing stands out. Pick a couple days to walk around your house at a few different times of the day to see if anything stands out as suspicious. Example of something suspicious: Super bright yellow light (HPS) coming from a window at 11:00pm. Learn how to make a stealthy exhaust system.
- Be a good neighbor! A lot of people think of cannabis growers as criminals. When you continue to act like the intelligent, well-mannered, amicable person you are, your neighbors naturally become less suspicious!
- Don’t look like a stereotypical stoner! There’s nothing wrong with wearing Rastafarian colors or pro-cannabis clothing, and it’s your right to dress and act as you wish. Just remember that police, nosy neighbors, and marijuana haters are more likely to ‘judge a book by its cover’ and harass a person based on their clothing…regardless of how unfair that is.
- Silent Air Pump(for hydro)
- Low-noise Water Transfer Pump(for changing your reservoir when growing with Hydro/Bubbleponics/DWC)
- Incredibly Quiet Exhaust Fan (though expensive and HUGE)
- Pretty Quiet Exhaust Fan (a good mix of quiet vs price/size)
- Duct Silencer (these can help muffle noise by about 50%, but it won’t make it silent, it you can put one before and after the fan that works the best, though you can use just one on the exit side for pretty good results)
There are benefits to both of these growing methods, but when it comes purely to stealth, indoor growing is the way to go. Indoors, you can completely control smell and sound, plus your plants are out of view. Outdoor growing has one potentially major problem that indoor growers are pretty much safe against…people wandering by! This is especially problematic when the plants are being grown on your property. Many outdoor growers have been busted by nosy neighbors, city/utility workers, or just bad weather(floods have revealed hidden outdoor grows, for example). If you can grow indoors, you’ll make yourself that much harder to find!
by Sirius Fourside
Let’s get into some tips for Stealth Growing – keeping your grow “under the radar” of other people.