- Compact fluorescent lights: You can use these when you are planting the seeds. They do not produce much light.
- High-pressure sodium lights: They produce a lot of light in the orange spectrum. This is best in the flowering phase.
- Metal halide lights: They produce a lot of light in the blue spectrum. This is best in the vegetation phase.
- LED lights: The best led grow lights is an important garden tool for grow room setup. They produce a lot of light. Also, they are energy efficient. It does not get hot for which you can place them closer to the plants without harming them. These lights are best for both the flowering and vegetation phases.
- Oscillating fan: It helps to circulate air in the room. This way you are able to avoid hotspots inside the room. The airflow will help the plants to grow healthy.
- Carbon filter: Marijuana releases an odor that is not nice. Try to install a carbon filter with an exhaust fan. This will help reduce or even eliminate the smell.
- Exhaust fan: It is important to replace the air in the room. So, you need a good exhaust fan that has a high CFM rating. This will ensure that the air is replaced every 2 to 3 minutes. You need to calculate the cubic area of the room to buy the one you need. Also, keep in mind the traveling area of the air.
- Air intake: The exhaust fan will blow out the old air. So, now you need new air to enter the room. This, you can achieve by drilling tiny holes in the wall or door). There are chances that the holes might not be enough. In this case, air intakes come handy. They will pull in the new air inside the room.
In the end, I would say you need to follow the above steps for a grow room setup. This will 100% improve the crop yield. I would suggest that you buy the best grow tent with LED lights. They are more convenient. You do not have to buy different lights for every phase. Another, I would suggest is to avoid buying any type of foil paper. They reflect only 55% which is not enough for the marijuana plants.
Before you start and buy the equipment, it is important that you design or layout the whole setup. You need to calculate how much space you need. Create a blueprint. This helps to maximize the use of space. Figure out how much electricity it will need. That way you can avoid any sort of fire disaster. Watering the plant is important. So, the plumbing system should support the setup design you are planning.
Try to list all the things you need. This way when you go out buying you will not miss any important item. To have the basic setup you need different items and they are:
Marijuana is a crop that needs warmth and humid to grow in a proper way. So, the room you will select should not contain any type of furniture, curtains and so on. These would attract pests, molds or other things that can invite diseases. Empty the whole room.
- Mylar: It is the most reflective item available in the market. They can reflect over 95% of light. Mylar comes in different forms. You would want to buy the one that’s made of aluminum. Put them up on the walls with the help of tapes. Lay them flat so that it reflects better. If touched too many times, there are chances it may tear. So, try to avoid too much contact with it.
- Flat white paint: If you are trying to save money then this is a great option for grow room setup. It can reflect up to 85% of the light which is pretty much a big amount. The paint has little to no light-absorbing properties. This helps to create no hotspot.
- Emergency blankets:These are one of the cheapest reflective items that you can buy. They are available in many camping shops. They can reflect up to 70%. You can use this if you have a very small room. Try to hang the flat ones on the walls. If there are any crinkles, you will waste light. Also, there are chances that it may develop hotspot which can hamper the plants.
You need reflective surfaces to make sure that the plants get enough light. This will help to improve the yield of the crop. You can adopt these few items.
You need to follow a set of steps for getting started with a grow room setup . If you follow them in a correct manner, then you are able to maximize the use of space. Also, you will produce more. And if the production increases your cost will also go down. The steps are discussed in an elaborate way for your convenience. They are as follows.
If you are willing to grow something indoors then the best way to do with a grow room setup. Growing indoors is the best way to reduce cost.
Outdoor plants get the full spectrum of light, ultraviolet to infrared, from the sun. Inside, you need lights that mimic the sun’s range. Fluorescent and incandescent bulbs do not cover enough of the light spectrum to grow mature plants through to flowering. You need high-intensity discharge lights or a set of light-emitting diode (LED) fixtures.
Good: Metal halide lighting is strong in the blue range of the spectrum, the type of light that plants need for growing a robust canopy of branches and leaves. High-pressure sodium emits more light in the red end of the range, vital to vigorous blooming. LED lights are more expensive to purchase, but they don’t get as hot as the other types and are simpler to set up.
Good: Fresh, circulating air can prevent heat buildup from the lamps. A grow room with a ceiling that’s taller than 6 feet leaves space above lamps for some heat to dissipate.
Best: Mylar sends back more than 90 percent of light—you can mount panels of it on the walls and ceiling. Covering the floor with a pond liner or another rubber sheet repels water. Cork flooring is expensive, but it is naturally resistant to fungi and fire.
To start growing hydroponics, your grow room setup can be very simple and inexpensive, or you can outfit every detail to be as efficient and convenient as possible. The best part about this is that every singl decision from your lights to your growing medium is yours to make. Below we explain what you need to set up a grow room of your own, with options to take you from basic to fully outfitted. Soon enough you will be enjoying a successful grow room setup completely customized to your needs and tastes!
Good: Air circulation is key for dispersing humidity that accumulates around the plants. Sacks of inexpensive silica gel also absorb moisture from the air.
Remember: Grow rooms are filled with lights, fans, pumps, and other items with a powerful demand for electricity. If you don’t have experience with wiring high-load outlets, get someone who does to assist you. An electrical fire in your grow room will ruin more than your crop.
Good: Flat white paint can reflect as much as 85 percent of the light that hits it. Look for the light reflectance value (LRV) ratings on cans of paint. A concrete, linoleum, or tile floor does not hold moisture, like a rug does.
Best: An independent heating and cooling system for your grow room gives you total control of the temperature at all times, allowing you to turn it down when the lights are on and up when they are off.
To start growing hydroponics, your grow room setup can be very simple and inexpensive, or you can outfit every detail to be as efficient and convenient as possible.