90 – Removes larger pieces of plant matter.
2. Freeze the marijuana leaf trimmings
At warmer temperatures, the trichomes that are harvested to make hash will be resinous and sticky, which will make them much more difficult to remove from the cannabis plant materials. Therefore, it is always recommended to freeze your trimmings for at least 24 hours before using it to make hash.
Screen size number meaning
How to make hash from leaf trimmings
1. Be sure that the plant materials being used are as dry as possible.
Freshly harvested cannabis leaves should never be used. A cure time of at least ten full days is recommended before using trimmings to make hash.
So many people will assume that the fan leaves from cannabis plants are of little use, but they do contain some THC, but that’s not generally where all the good stuff comes from. The majority of the trichomes that you will be harvesting are clinging to small bud portions that were trimmed away with the smaller leaves. The better you clean your weed; the more THC will be present in the materials. This can help to alleviate some of the worries about waste when it’s time to trim your marijuana plants since any small bud tips that are cut away will be fully utilized later when you make hash out of it. You will not find any specific amount guidelines here because the amount you begin with will only affect how much you get, not how well the process itself works.
Credit: Stephen Barnes
- Line up the three sifting screens fo that the smallest number is sitting on top, and the largest is resting on the bottom.
- Now you can perform your first run of the plant materials, which will provide you with the highest quality kief collection. This is done by sprinkling the leaf trimmings over top of the sifting screen and using a plastic card to move it around a little before slowly scooping it back out and into a holding bowl. Depending on how many leaves you have, you might need to do this several times. Always remember, that the more you work the trimmings over the screen, the more plant materials will make it through which will lower the quality of the end product.
- Once you have run all the plant material through the first sifting screen, you can remove both top filters and collect the trichomes that are gathered underneath and set them into a small bowl for now. This step is not absolutely necessary but will give you a small amount of potent high-grade powder. I highly recommended gathering each batch and storing it separately between runs, but if you prefer quantity over quality, then feel free to leave it all until the very end.
- Use the plastic card to clean the screens from any remaining plant matter before performing a second run and refreeze the leaf trimmings while you do so.
- Now it is time to do a second run of the leaf trimmings, and this time it’s ok to be a bit rougher with rubbing the plant materials against the sifting screens. Once finished, you can use a plastic card to help the trichomes through the levels of filters. When that is complete, and you have removed the second screen, use a plastic card to tap gently on the third and final one. This will help the trichomes to separate the rest of the way from any remaining contaminants or plant materials.
- Now wipe off the plastic card and use it to scoop up the crystals which can be placed into a holding bowl for storage.
- Prepare separate foil pieces for each separate holding bowl of materials by cutting squares that are large enough to envelop the crystals into a small brick like shape.
- Fill the foil piece with kief and add one or two droplets of water to the mixture.
- Now you will need to apply pressure to the kief to compress it into a chunk. This can be done with your hands, a heavy book, or anything else that will apply a fair amount of pressure for a few minutes without wrecking the foil.
- Once the hash has been pressed, it will need to rest for 12-24 hours. This will allow the water time to evaporate and leave the kief crystals combined.
- After all that hard work and waiting, your freshly made hash is ready to enjoy.
110 – Removes all remaining pistil hairs, decapitated stocks, and other contaminants.
One of the most substantial byproducts obtained during the trimming of cannabis buds is the leaves and other hash plant materials that are often thrown.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE/CHANNEL, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER / TERMS & CONDITIONS
FOR THE SCHOOL OF HARD NUGS
Выполните вход, чтобы сообщить о неприемлемом контенте.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“SITE TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE/CHANNEL.
The Content on this Website/Channel is provided ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND THE SCHOOL OF HARD NUGS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SCHOOL OF HARD NUGS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT.
The School of Hard Nugs is based in Colorado, USA. Recreational and medical marijuana use, cultivation, and manufacture are legal under the laws of the State of Colorado; however, the Content of the Videos and the Website/Channel itself is only for entertainment and/or education. THE POSSESSION, USE, CULTIVATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ANY AMOUNT OF MARIJUANA, INCLUDING SEEDS, IS ILLEGAL UNDER U.S. FEDERAL LAW, AS WELL AS MANY STATE LAWS. THE SCHOOL OF HARD NUGS DOES NOT ADVOCATE OR ENDORSE THE VIOLATION OF LAW.
Through this Website/Channel you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of or affiliated with The School of Hard Nugs. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of any products or views and content expressed within those links.
This Website/Channel is only for individuals who are over 21 years of age. VIEWERS UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE MUST IMMEDIATELY EXIT THIS SITE.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which School of Hard Nugs shall not be liable. By entering this website, you expressly agree to indemnify and hold harmless the School of Hard Nugs and any person, entity, associate, or party affiliated with the School of Hard Nugs from any and all loss, liability or damages incurred as a result of your use of this site. Although the information on this Website is accessible worldwide, if you are not a resident of a state or country where medical or recreational marijuana is legal, then you agree that you will not use the content or information for any illegal purpose.
Click Here to Subscribe – http://bit.ly/1P3Tott Get Exclusive Videos- http://SchoolOfHardNugs.com/ Visit our store- https://shop.schoolofhardnugs.com/ LEGAL …