The other way to do this is by making an inch wide hole on the bottom part of the Pringles box and put some aluminum foil in the hole and stick the end of the aluminum outside the hole with some tape, most commonly used is the gray duct tape.
Do you know any great ways of making a pipe from ordinary items such as a pen or a soda can?
Make a little indent on the place where the bowl is and widen it a bit and start packing that sticky icky. Using a store-bought metal bowl can be a great way to enhance these pipes and make them easier to smoke from.
Apples have been most commonly turned into pipes. As you can see from the image below, you’ll need a pencil to push it through the apple through the middle (sideways) and make a tube, and make another hole where the stem is to connect it with the tube. The hole where the stem was will be your bowl area in which you should pack weed.
You should use an even thinner piece of bamboo, preferably one with the wood membrane on the thin end of the stick which will serve as protection against ashe going in your mouth.
Drill or cut a ½ inch (1.5 cm) hole on the opposite end and use the remaining pieces of the bamboo stick to carve a small bowl for your pipe which you will then fit in the hole you just made.
This method works, as I previously said, on a number of fruits and vegetables such as avocados, pears, melons, watermelons, giant strawberries (yes, we saw and tried them – dope.), bananas, cucumbers, leeks and lots of others.
Are you a baguette fan? Baguettes are a common item across France, some parts of Canada and almost every bakery and pastry shop.
Then, make another 2 holes that are perpendicular to the tube, and connect them so that smoke may go through. Congrats you just made the bowl and an air vent.
Pipes are an important staple in the cannabis culture and one of the favorite DIY stoner projects. We teach you how to make 6 unique pipes.
- Any variety of apple
- Knife, stick, key, or screwdriver (anything that can carve a hole)
- A lighter
There are two kinds of gravity bongs – the bucket bong and the waterfall bong. Both employ the basic principles of physics and require water to operate. Therefore, using it comes at a cost – the possibility of making a mess.
- Create and fill the bowl. Fashion a bowl using an aluminum foil. Poke three small holes at the bottom to allow airflow. Then, fill it with herbs and set aside.
- Make the carb. Poke a small hole at the bottom of the bottle. Make sure that it is big enough to allow water to flow through it but small enough to cover with a finger.
- Fill the bottle with water. With a finger covering the carb hole, fill the bottle with water up to just a few centimeters from the top.
- Fill with smoke. Attach the bowl over the bottle neck opening. Light the herbs and let go of the carb hole. The negative pressure created by escaping water draws in the smoke.
- Begin smoking. One the smoke-filled bottle is empty of water, cover the carb hole again. Remove the bowl and place the mouth over the opening. Let go of the carb hole again and inhale the smoke.
- Prepare an apple. Any kind of apple will do but for the best possible outcome, use a freshly picked one. Twist off the stem to expose the natural bowl shape on top.
- Carve the bowl. Using a knife or a screwdriver, carve a hole from the top part halfway through the apple. To avoid breathing in plant matter, place a small screen on top of the bowl.
- Make the mouthpiece. At the side of the apple, poke another hole to serve as the mouthpiece. It should connect with the first hole made from the top, creating an “L” shaped tunnel within the fruit.
- Carve the carb. Some people prefer bongs with a carb hole. To do that, continue to push the mouthpiece hole all the way through the apple effectively forming an inverted “T” shape tunnel.
Compared to other homemade pipes, the liquor bottle bong is one of the more difficult and costlier ones to make. It requires a specialized drill that can bore a hole through the glass and an already existing glass bong stem. Once created, it can be used for a long time making it one of the longest lasting DIY pipes.
- Starburst candy (or any soft, taffy candies in rectangular packages)
“If there is a will, there is a way.” For as long as there is the desire, or the need to use cannabis, there are limitless ways to fashion a homemade pipe.