Gravity bongs are perfect for parties. Not only that, but it also delivers a somewhat smoother hit.
Quite possibly the simplest homemade pipe anyone could make. One major drawback of the pen pipe, however, is its small size which does not allow for much smoke to be inhaled. Nevertheless, it is perfect for people looking to get a quick high in the absence of other paraphernalia.
Over the years, and mostly for the sheer fun of it, many ingenious DIY pipes have appeared. Others, meanwhile, have put on new twists on the classics.
There are two kinds of gravity bongs – the bucket bong and the waterfall bong. Both employ the basic principles of physics and require water to operate. Therefore, using it comes at a cost – the possibility of making a mess.
- Prepare the downstem. Remove the casing of the ball-point pen until only an empty tube is left.
- Attach the downstem to the bottle. Using scissors, make a small hole to allow it to be fixed to the water bottle. Then, insert the tube at an angle that will enable it to point upward.
- Make the bowl. There are two options. (1) The cone-shaped tip of the ball-point pen could be used to hold the cannabis. (2) Fashion a bowl using aluminum foil and then poking three holes at the bottom.
- Make a carb. Poke a small hole at the bottom part of the bottle. This will act as the carb hole.
- Begin smoking. Pack the bowl lightly with dried herbs then use as a regular pipe. The bottle’s opening at the top will serve as the mouthpiece.
“If there is a will, there is a way.” For as long as there is the desire, or the need to use cannabis, there are limitless ways to fashion a homemade pipe.