For this bong, we’ve placed the downstem and tube on the top of the melon. With the pineapple, we used the side because the leaves on the top are quite the decoration. Also, the melon is much easier to make holes in than the pineapple
Melon bongs are one of the most made alternative bongs, as they’re usually they most available fruit and pretty easy to turn into a bong – it’s super easy to make holes in and it’s even easier to empty out.
- Cut the top off of the pineapple – this is your lid. Try and make as straight a cut as possible.
- Empty the pineapple using the spoon until you need to use the knife.
- Make a hole in the lid with the tools you’ve chosen (the drill or even a corkscrew)
- Connect this hole to the tube you’re going to use to inhale
- Make a second hole just straddling the upper half of the center of the pineapple. Try and angle it downwards, as this is where you’ll be placing your downstem. Make sure that the bottom of the downstem goes far enough in so that it’s sitting in the water.
- Pour in some bottled water until the bottom of the downstem is about 2-3cm in the water.
- This step is optional – you can make a carburetor hole in the top half of the pineapple if you want.
Watermelon bong’s are incredibly similar to melon bongs, although they differ in size and can hold much more water and smoke. The great thing about watermelon bongsis that you can use various bowls, downstems and tubes and have a smoking session with some friends – you can all smoke at the same time!
This list contains everything you could possibly need to successfully make a bong out of almost any fruit, although you can get great results without needing all of these things as long as you know what you’re doing. Once you have all of your materials at the ready, it’s time to pick your fruit and start making a bong!
It’s is a great way to spice up a summer afternoon.
The first homemade bong that we’re going to have a look at is a tropical classic; a pineapple bong. These bongs are super fun and make for great decoration too if you’re a bit artistic; you can decorate these bongs any way you’d like. Your friends will be dying to try it.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is make a lid. Cut the melon in half slightly above the halfway mark and clean out any pips from the inside using your spoon.
- Cut off the stem at the top so that you have a smooth surface to work with.
- Make a hole in the top of the lid for the downstem and bowl.
- Make a second hole in the side of the lid for the tube.
- Empty out the melon entirely using the spoon and fill it with water until its covering part of the stem.
- You can make your optional carburetor hole anywhere on the melon – make sure it’s nowhere near the water, though.
- In order to make the lid, you’ll need to take a lot of care and cut out a hole around the stem at the top of the pumpkin.
- Pull the lid up and off and then begin emptying out the pumpkin using a spoon.
- Make two holes on the sides of the pumpkin – one for the downstem and bowl, and another for the mouthpiece/tube. You can also make a third, optional hole for the carburetor.
- Fill it with water, making sure that the downstem is slightly under the water.
- Fill your bowl up with your best weed or favorite herbs and enjoy!
Read on to find out how to make a bong with a few simple tools at home and some fruit! Watermelon, pineapple, pumpkin and more! Make your own bong today!