You were sure your friends were judging you as you hacked up half your lung. Five seconds ago, you were even questioning where your life was going…and then it hit.
Much to your surprise, though, the sirens are just part of the background on your rap CD. It’s then that you realize you hate rap (and for good reason). And your car doesn’t even have a CD player. Wait a minute, this isn’t even your car!
Let’s discuss the cannabis spectrum of consciousness in a bit more detail.
Really, what’s not to love about weed and getting high? Weed is a unique drug that takes you down a winding path. You start off in one place and are then transported through a psychedelic trip to a whole new world.
- Endless fractal tunnels
- Melting surfaces
- Celestial bodies that speak or play music
- 1000 lifetimes flashing before your eyes
- Cthulhu emerging from the watery depths
You start indiscriminately ripping open bags of Cheetos and Sour Straws, mixing them together, and stuffing your face. Mmmm, sweet and cheesy!
After tripping, you can expect to return to reality at stage four of this list — paranoia — and progress through munchies, another trip, and falling stone-cold asleep.
There are no restrictions on what you might experience while tripping — all boundaries of time, space, and ego are eliminated — so be prepared for a hell of a ride.
Despite the fatigue, you feel content and happy. You had a great day with your friends and your beloved bong. Today was all about the chill. Tomorrow will be more productive. You’re cool with that. You’re great with that. You’re thrilled with that.
Want to know what to expect on your trip to THC town? The experts at Honest Marijuana take you on a guided tour of the seven stages of being high.
Now that you have all the deets, it’s time for you to cast your vote—keep an eye out on the VICE Twitter for the first round of polling.
4. THC Oil: For anyone who doesn’t like smoking and wants to forgo caloric edibles, you can ingest pure THC oil to get you high.
3. Dabbing: For experienced stoners only, this form of marijuana ingestion uses extremely pure THC shatter or wax, which you can buy at your local dispensary if you’re blessed enough to live in states like Colorado, California, or Oregon. Otherwise, it’s pretty easy to make your own. All you need is a bong for dabbing, parchment paper, and weed.
6. Apple Bong: A bong made out of an apple.
8. Mints: I guess this is for when you have bad breath and also want to get extremely high?
8. Soda Can: Favored by young marijuana enthusiasts, all you have to do is punch a small hole in an empty can and you have a pipe. The first time I smoked weed with friends, I did so from a soda can, and it sucked. Don’t do it!
With marijuana legalization looking more and more like an inevitability, the marijuana enthusiast faces a new problem: How should they get high?
5. Wooden Pipe: Perfect for the stoner who doesn’t want to get into a whole discussion about glassware.
5. Volcano Vape: This pricey vape goes for almost $500, and compared to its smaller vape counterpart, the Volcano is a big boy. Basically, the vape fills a plastic bag with vapor, which you then suck into your lungs, and voila! You’re stoned.
Over the next few days, we'll be asking our readers to decide.