- Setup your Marijuana Business Corporate Structure.
- Create your Marijuana Retail Business Plan.
- Determine your potential location(s) and investigate whether licensing is possible in the prospective cities or counties.
- Acquire the necessary licenses to operate your retail store and be completely legal and compliant.
- Install the operational infrastructure to be in accordance with all regulations and then open your doors for business.
- Contract with cultivators and/or edible/extraction/infused products manufacturers to grow and produce marijuana products for you, if you don’t want to do it yourself.
GreenZipp is a medical & recreational marijuana consulting firm that’s helped thousands of customers establish and run their marijuana businesses in all legal states since 2010. With industry-leading, streamlined and cost-effective products and services that abolish hourly & hidden fees, we’ll be sure to make you happy.
The state’s initiative to legalize recreational marijuana was not approved in the ballot last November 8. So every business will be solely on the medical side, requiring patients to be recommended by a physician for medical marijuana consumption.
Application fee for a dispensary is $5000. But the state also requires proof that the entity or a principal officer of the entity has $150,000 (one hundred fifty thousand dollars) in an in-state or out-of-state financial institution. The documentation must be dated within 30 days before the application and show that the entity or principal officer had control of the monies for at least 30 days before the application was submitted.
To get ahead and be prepared for when the state will start licensing marijuana businesses, you should:
Currently, you cannot apply for any marijuana business licenses.
The Arizona Department of Health Services has recently awarded 31 new medical cannabis licenses.The new 31 dispensaries were selected from a pool of 750 applicants, all of which submitted bids for licenses between July 18-29. There are already 94 operating dispensaries in Arizona, along with another five that have received licenses but are not yet up and running. That brings the total of licensed MMJ dispensaries to 130.
The state will allow potential business owners to open a medical marijuana dispensary in Arizona. Whether this is possible or not will hinge entirely on the city and/or county of choice, as the state allows the local municipalities to ban or place moratoriums on whether to license dispensaries for operation or not.
These types of business are allowed but just like cultivation you will be required to own/operate a dispensary in order to sell marijuna extracts/concentrates, marijuana edibles and infused products. The steps are similar to all the other businesses.
How To Open a Marijuana/Cannabis Dispensary in Arizona, Start A Delivery Service in Arizona, Cultivate Marijuana/Cannabis Legally in Arizona, How To Make Edibles Concentrates Extracts in Arizona