Can you add [insert character here]?
– Unfortunately with a game of this scale, we need to plan things out ahead of time so that we can finish the game at some point. At this time we cannot accept content suggestions for this reason. Sorry!
Which Smash game is SSF2 based off of?
– Ah, I see you noticed that SSF1 was based off of Melee, huh. Well, think of SSF2 as a Frankenstein. We’re smashing together a “Greatest Hits” type deal with our engine, feel, and aesthetics, but we’re also taking our own creative liberties as well. There’s no definite answer to this question!
This isn’t listed on Twitch! Can I stream/watch SSF2 Beta live?
Unfortunately, Twitch does not list us as a game. We suggest using YouTube Gaming!
WHERE IS THE FULL VERSION?!
– Super Smash Flash 2’s Beta release is our final full-featured update to our public release before the full game. We’re hard at work and well on our way, and we allow you to experience our progress along the way – that is the point of Super Smash Flash 2’s demos.
NOTE: This game is still very much a work in progress. If you’d like to assist with the development, please click here.
Are there combos in Super Smash Flash 2?
– Absolutely. Super Smash Flash 2 has low landing lag, high hitstun, and high gravity, leading to an exhilarating combo game with lots of mixups that will still feel right at home to those coming from any of the official Smash games – even ones where combos don’t exist. This is one of our major project goals.
Does this work on Mac/Linux?
– SSF2 runs better on Mac than on most Windows computers, actually! As far as Linux, you can always play our game using Chrome until we get an executable finished up.
Are you ready to experience…
SUPER SMASH FLASH 2 BETA?
Well, in terms of engine?
– SSF2’s engine is Frankenstein’d too. At first glance, it’s very reminiscent of Smash 4, actually; some of the more obvious engine aspects will make that clear right away (with the low landing lag, high-ish hitstun, high gravity, etc.) But it goes deeper than that, and this will become more apparent as the game matures and we begin activating our other engine aspects.
Home of Super Smash Flash 2!