Gorilla Zkittlez buds produce outstanding effects
- L.A. Confidential by DNA Genetics – A unique taste/smell is part of what make this particular strain so memorable alongside its spectacular effects, which have been described as “enormous”, “mind-blowing” and “energetic”. As a result, this strain and has won many awards including cannabis cups. It’s one of those strains where if I see it on a menu I know it will always be good, no matter who grew it.
Sometimes you want to grow something that has won dozens of awards around the world! These strains have become famous for a reason!
Train plants to grow short and flat with many buds sites to get the best yields from CFLs
This is an Aurora Indica plant I grew. It stayed very short but buds were thick and dense! The buds had very strong Indica effects.
Although there are “quick flowering” photoperiod strains, they are rarely ready to harvest in less than 3 months from seed, which means you can usually get a quicker harvest with autos.
For when the most important thing is getting to harvest as fast as possible!
Some of the most potent strains available today have won quite a few awards! Cup winners have an air of credibility around them that makes them really attractive and some strains are just straight-up legendary now.
- Naturally stays small/short – helpful because most grow boxes don’t have a lot of extra space. Indica-hybrid strains are recommended because they tend to stay on the smaller side.
- Resistant to heat – some strains are more resistant to high heat and lack of good air circulation, especially strains from the equator
- Resistant to mold – mold is very common due to the high humidity of a small grow box, which usually doesn’t provide enough air circulation for proper growth. “Cheese” strains and strains with Hawaiian ancestry tend to be more mold-resistant in general, but it’s also a strain-by-strain thing.
- Weak cannabis smell – Generally growers with grow boxes want to keep their garden a secret. Something that can help prevent other people from noticing your grow is a strain that produces buds with a low level of smell, especially if buds also smell flowery or fruity instead of skunky.
- Can stand high levels of light – this helps because plants are normally kept very close to grow lights in a short space. Many Sativa and Haze strains tend to be more light loving, while Indica strains are more likely to suffer from light burn. However, Indica strains tend to grow short, which is helpful, so if possible you want to find a hybrid that has both traits.
How much of a difference is there between strains? Which ones are the most potent, and what about yields?