Making hash with dry ice is the easiest, fastest, and (more importantly) the most efficient means of extracting resin from your cannabis. In short, it’s our collective opinion (all 2 of us) that Dry Ice Hash is the best means of making hash…period!
Alright, enough background and quotes, let’s get started!
From left to right: 73 Micron, 160 Micron and 220 Micron Dry Ice Hash
Dry ice has some inherent risks due to its extremely low temperature and the fact that it sublimates (turns directly into a gas), but it’s actually very safe to use! Just check out these quick safety tips, exercise a little caution, and this will be a smooth and fun experience!
Simply put, hashish (which we’ll now just call hash), is just the isolated resin glands of the cannabis plant. Even simpler, hash is when you get the good sticky stuff from your cannabis all by itself. In a sense, hash is distilled cannabis!
Pretty big statement right? It’s even bigger when you consider how seriously people take hashish in today’s world!
In short, preparation makes your hash easier to sell (which we STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST) and easier to use (if you’re somehow reading this 40 years in the past). In other words, it’s completely unnecessary in our case! We’ll save time and effort by skipping any post-processing, and there are no real drawbacks!
- It’s faster than other methods.
- You can finish making dry ice hash in about 1/25th of the total time it takes to make gravity hash! Although that example is extreme, it only takes a few minutes to make dry ice hash and is much faster than other methods.
- It’s insanely easy
- And that ease translates to it being quickly gratifying. You get top grade hash at the cost of shaking a bucket and a bag for a combined total of less than 15 minutes.
- There’s no moisture!
- That means the resin is ready as soon as it’s shaken loose!
- Make sure you work in a well-ventilated area.
- Dry ice turns directly into CO2 gas. Although it’s a small amount of CO2 and doesn’t really pose a threat to you, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Don’t put dry ice in an airtight container.
- Dry ice turns into gas which will pressurize the container it’s in. Eventually, you’ll get a top shooting off unexpectedly, or worse, an exploding container!
- Don’t touch dry ice with your bare hands
- Dry ice measures -190.3°F at its warmest. It won’t kill you to grab it, but it’s no fun to get freezer burn either.
- Dispose of dry ice safely
- If you put dry ice down your sink or toilet, you could freeze your water pipes and end up with a massive repair bill. When you’re done with dry ice, just leave it in a well-ventilated area and it’ll simply turn into gas and leave.
How To Make Dry Ice Hash from Buds/Trim Let’s get straight to it: Making hash with dry ice is the easiest, fastest, and (more importantly) the most efficient means of extracting resin