We know: when you have to explain the joke, it loses some of its caché. Let’s get back to the bong.
What’s that saying about give a monkey enough time and it will type Shakespeare? I think this applies.
- Find a small pumpkin. We recommend one you can hold in the palm of your hand without too much problem.
- Cut a hole around the stem and remove the “plug.” Keep this piece as you’re going to need it again at the end.
- Scoop out the seeds. We suggest salting and baking those bad boys for a tasty after-toke munchie treat.
- Poke a hole in the side of the pumpkin and push your stem through.
- On the opposite side (and maybe a little further up toward where the stem would be), insert something to use as a mouthpiece.
- Replace the top. A great way to keep it from coming loose is to shove toothpicks diagonally through the cap into the pumpkin itself.
- Get lit!
Some may wonder about the plastics giving off harmful vapors but the builder assures us that the smoke has cooled by the time it hits plastic parts.
There aren’t any instructions for this particular model so you’ll have to figure it out yourself. But honestly, coming up with new and innovative ways to get the smoke from bowl to lungs is half the fun of the MJ experience.
This homemade bong is pretty creative in a novelty sort of way and would certainly get the job done if no other option were available. You’d need to seal the holes with superglue so the smoke and water don’t leak out, but after that, the potato shape makes for a nice container.
Want to make your own homemade bong? The cannabis experts at Honest Marijuana provide plenty of inspiration with their list of the 15 best homemade bongs.